So with only a week to go before the big date, the countdown is on. I thought it would be a good time to share my final thoughts with you. This time I am feeling a lot more relaxed as I know what to expect, and eagerly looking forward to the new phase in my life.
I did prepare and organise a few things in the run up to the D-day. I am sure the baby won’t care how organised I am but it would make my life a lot easier.
Here is a list of my to-do things
1. Wash and organise baby clothes, vest and onesies. Keep a good stock of washed muslin clothes.
2. Pack two bags for the hospital – one for baby and one for you. It just helps in finding things when you need them.
3. Stuff kitchen cupboard with snacks and pasta sauces – just in case.
4. Treat yourself to some new comfy pyjamas and track pants which will form your wardrobe staple for the next three months.
5. Invest in a good baby changing bag. Personally I love Storksak
6. Add local taxi numbers to your phone favourites.
7. Keep your neighbours and local friends up to date with your progress.
8. Put your feet up and treat yourself to a spa date.
I know I’ll be in a different world in a few weeks time and won’t be able to contribute much to the blog and my social media channels. I will try and post as and when I get time and maintain the rhythm on the blog. In the coming weeks all my energies will go into looking after the little one and trying to fit back into my old clothes (can’ wait – I hope I fit). I’ll keep on sharing my motherhood and fitness experiences with you all.
Till then keep shining.