Following on from my last blog post about resort-wear fashion, today’s post focuses on yet another resort-wear look for your holiday wardrobe. Thanks to Apricot Fashion for this lovely Ikat print jumpsuit which I have styled for a holiday evening out look.
Jumpsuits are a great option for your holiday suitcase but you need to wear them right. If you haven’t worn a jumpsuit before, then it can feel a bit intimidating but how you style it makes all the difference. Here are some quick jumpsuit styling tips:
- Go for wide leg jumpsuits – it works well on most body shapes, by flattering your bottom half and cinching your waist to give that feminine look.
- Break up the jumpsuit pattern or colour by wearing a lightweight jacket. Wear the jacket open and try wearing it on your shoulders for that street style look.
- Carrying a cross body bag also adds an edge to your outfit. It also balances the femininity and masculinity of the look.
- For a more glam look, choose block heel sandals (try them in gold). If you want the look to be a bit casual, then flats are great.
- If you are wearing a printed jumpsuit like me then keep the accessories very minimal. You do not want to add more noise to your look. Wearing just statement gold bracelet and golden hoops would be enough.
The great British Summer is hardly making its presence felt but shooting for this look got me in my holiday mood. I would be interested in hearing your holiday fashion stories and if you are struggling with packing for your next holiday then do drop me a line. I would love to work on your holiday lookbook. For my styling services and more details click here.
Jumpsuit – Apricot fashion
Jacket – Miss Selfridges
Shoes – Asos